Keep Dancing!

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."

-- Hillel

Hillel's journey parallels our own exactly. Except that some of us whine "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up," even when we can. And many more of us get up, but have long ago quit dancing.

Falling down is a given. Getting up, while not mandatory, is a damn good idea. Lying there bemoaning your fate never got anyone anywhere.

But dancing, dancing's the key! While the falling down and getting up are a part and parcel of life, it's dancing that makes life worth living; it's boogying your butt off that makes life fun. Give up dancing, and you've given up truly living.

So dance with a partner or dance alone. Dance the steps you learned when young, or do that whirling, hippie, free form dancing that you see at jam band shows.

No matter. It's not a contest. It's not something inane, like Dancing With the Stars. It's life. And it's meant to be a celebration, a party.

Dance on and on and on.......

No comments: